InsideEPA.com is an online news service for subscribers to one or more of the 7 publications that comprise the Inside EPA family of environmental newsletters. Access to InsideEPA.com's full range of services is through payment of an online access fee. Access is controlled with a user name and password.
InsideEPA.com includes the following features:
- Instant access to your latest issue. Subscribers can gain instant online access to their latest issue (available within hours after the issue closes), then print a copy, read the issue or individual articles on screen, or search the issue by subject. A print copy of every issue will continue to be mailed or hand-delivered.
- Multi-year archive of back issues. Five publications (Inside EPA, Clean Air Report, Superfund Report, Water Policy Report and Inside Cal/EPA) have multi-year archives of back issues, beginning with 1998. Three others (Environmental Policy Alert, Defense Environment Alert, and Risk Policy Report) have back-issue archives that begin with the year 2000.
- Daily news service. Every day, in the exclusive-news tradition that has made Inside EPA and its sister newsletters leaders in the field of environmental journalism, we post daily news on the site and keep it current throughout the day.
- Documents. Hundreds of environmental documents are added every week to a database that already comprises thousands of documents. These include policy papers, comments, draft and final regulations, court decisions, legislation, state proceedings, and many other types of information of immediate interest. They remain a part of an ever-expanding library of environmental information that can be searched, read and printed.
InsideEPA.com is a product of Inside Washington Publishers, which for over 25 years has provided exclusive, relevant news about the federal policymaking process to professionals who have a need to know about the process. Because of the pervasive nature of federal environmental policy, our coverage extends to state activities and international issues. Formed in 1980 with the publication of Inside EPA Weekly Report, IWP currently publishes 22 newsletters and eight online news services. It has groups of news services covering environment, defense, international trade, health care, energy and aviation.
The company has about 75 employees, 60 of whom are involved in the editorial process. Its principal offices are in the Washington DC area. You can contact the company in various ways:
1919 South Eads Street
Arlington VA 22202
By Phone: 1-800-424-9068
By Fax: 1-703-416-8543
Access to InsideEPA.com is available only to subscribers of at least one of the 7 environmental newsletters published by Inside Washington Publishers. A single access fee provides access to all the site's features and all the newsletters for which the accessee has subscriptions. Access is by user name and password only and is non-transferable without permission of the publisher. All subscribers will continue to receive a printed copy of the underlying newsletters, delivered in the traditional manner.
Access to the site is governed by our general Terms and Conditions and specific conditions associated with approval to log on.
The service provided by InsideEPA.com is governed by the payment of an online access fee and conditions associated with it. Following are the pricing categories (all fees in addition to the price of underlying subscriptions):
- Single user. $320 a year. Allows access by one person, for their own use, to all the publications that person subscribes to and all the additional services available on InsideEPA.com.
- Site licenses. Where access needs do not fit into one of the above categories, case-by-case negotiation of site licenses will apply.
Specific terms and conditions may apply to access. For example, a location generally is defined as a street address. But there may be instances where the size of an office served by a street address (such as at a government agency or large corporate office) is deemed too large to be considered a single location. In these instances, other definitions will apply - such as a specific office or department within an organization.
In another example, a library that receives subscription issues for redistribution to individual readers will not be considered a single user, and will be subject to corporate access fees or site licenses, which are negotiated case by case.
InsideEPA.com can be accessed from any recent web browser. The only additional software that most users may require is a copy of Adobe's Acrobat Reader software, which can be downloaded at no charge from www.adobe.com. Printable copies of the newsletters on InsideEPA.com are prepared using Adobe Acrobat, in order to retain the original look of the paper copy.
Inside EPA.com maintains a customer-service department that can help answer most questions that you may have about your account. When you are experiencing technical problems or have editorial questions, our customer-service representatives also can help you get answers quickly and efficiently.
Access to InsideEPA.com is governed by a general set of Terms and Conditions and specific conditions and permissions governed by individual circumstances.